Latest News

Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2012

My favorite collection for spring/summer 2012 is definitely the one Christopher Bailey masterfully delivered for Burberry Prorsum. He characterized it as being "joyous, upbeat, nostalgic" which I couldn’t agree more. It’s also amazing and sophisticated in a very modern and colorful way.

I adore the complex beading and braiding details, the big bags and the beautiful ethnic prints. And how about those shoes: the platforms with heavy strand of beads in the front are stunning!

While the color palette (peacock, hawthorne, chocolate and ochre) is not necessarily “on trend”, I find it refreshing and easier to wear than the neon frenzy direction other designer went with.
The outwear that’s Burberry’s signature is truly fantastic: those cool cropped parkas with amazing beading and those raffia weaved trenches left me speechless.

 The clothes seem a bit warm for the seasons are meant to but I think these pieces are something that can be worn anytime, this is one collection that’s above seasons.

I also love the elegant and effortless feel of the mid length skirts paired with the colorful sweaters with artisanal details. The whole collection feels so expensive and you can see how much craftsmanship went into every piece. That’s what I call perfection!


Photos: 1, 2, 3.
Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.