Latest News

Based on my track record

I’m very surprised and happy that you guys started to send me emails asking all kind of questions (some funny, some normal, other plain weird :)))) and I’m going to try answering them all.

Emily sent me this one: “I have seen you wearing a lot of vintage and I love that. Still, you always look quite modern. I’ve recently thrifted some dresses, they are very beautiful but I never wear them, I simply don’t know how without looking like an old lady. Can you please help me?”.
I’m going to answer while also commenting on my outfit. I hope you’ll find this helpful, Emily!:)

I guess this is a retro get up with a bit of gangsta on top; contrasts are very much my style.
Firstly, this dress is yet another hand-me-down, my aunt used to wear it in the late 70’s, early 80’s and gave it to me a few years ago.
Secondly, looking like an old, classy lady is not so bad, it beats looking like a cheap ho which seems to be something most of girls want to look like:))).

Making a vintage dress look actual is not that hard especially nowadays when everything goes. You can do any or all of the things above:
  • add a belt (especially if the dress is not the perfect size for you, it’s going to give it a flattering shape, flattering is always modern in my book). You can also modify it, make it fit perfectly, maybe make it shorter.
  • wear high heels (a killer pair of shoes will create a nice contrast with the dress) 
  • wear lots of accessories (you can see I’m not shy when it comes to those: I love big, statement jewelry, they always add something extra to any outfit).
  • mix vintage clothes with modern pieces, don’t be afraid to pair different things, different decades, prints, colors and styles, just have fun, fashion is not about rules, it’s about you and your personality
  • wear something cool in your hair
  • feel good in whatever you choose, it’s going to show in your confidence
  • throw a cool leather jacket, a colorful blazer, a cardigan with interesting details over it
Any other tips? 
Photos by my lovely friend, Laura!
 
I’m wearing:
 dress, belt/rochie si curea –  vintage
 heels, bracelets, leopard print scarf, high heels – random brand
earrings – Meli Melo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.