Latest News

Shoe history in the making: Prada spring 2012

I meant to talk about Prada‘s car inspired shoes collection for spring 2012 for ages but they are so cool I actually had to take some time to process the amount of awesomeness involved before anything else. 

We’re talking about shoes channeling the classic American race cars that were super popular in the 50’s, especially the legendary Cadillac! 

I find them fun, fresh and quite original, so very different from every other shoe on the catwalk right now – this is certainly one of the most unique shoes collections I have ever seen in recent years.
I’m sure they are going to reach an iconic status in fashion history. 

The line includes pumps and sandals with sky high heels and bullet-shaped tail lights and wedges with exhaust-pipe flames shooting out the back. 
Much like the classic hot roads these amazing shoes feature spoilers, wings, chrome-lined tail lights, flames that go up the ankle and some of them are even finished with car paint in order to achieve an authentic shine.

How snazzy, right?
The only thing is they are retailing for a whopping 1000-1400$ depending on the model so you might actually have to sell you car to buy a pair. The crazy thing is this might be a good investment in the long run.

 Katie Fogarty by Jason Kim for Blackbook April/May 2012
 I've made this little collage to show the inspiration and the shoes!
 Actually a custom pink or mint convertible Cadillac Coupe De Ville is basically my dream car! I would love to drive one! Such a stunning car or swagger mobile as I call it!:)))) I can just see myself rolling like a total boss in one of these!
 The spring 2012 campaign for Prada photographed by Steven Meisel!
 1956 vintage advertisement for Cadillac
 Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.