Latest News

Witchy: maxi dress, floppy hat and a statement necklace

So, guys, remember how I told you people write to me asking all kind of stuff?! Well, I decided I’m going to answer their emails on the blog (when I have the time that is).

Carmen sent me this email: I’ve read in an interview you gave that you are sometimes inspired by books and characters in them to dress a certain way. I really don’t get that! Can you explain?
(Am citit intr-un interviu de pe alt blog ca uneori esti inspirata de carti si personajele din ele cand te imbraci. Chiar nu inteleg asta! Poti sa explici?)

Sure I can!:)))
Every time I read a book I start living a bit in the universe of that specific book and I end up thinking about it a lot. I’m also a super visual person and while I read I can also “see” (with my minds eyes:) scenes from it, imagine how the characters look like and so on. It's a bit like emerging in a tube of warm water - you feel it all over and can't get out all dried and dandy.

I’ve also been known to fall in love/hate some of the personages, quote from the books I like to the dismay and amusement of all my friends. Right now I’m reading a lot of fantasy books, one of the lasts was The Wise Woman (by Phillipa Gregory), also Good Omens, The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter (by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett) so I’m pretty much unconsciously dressing like a witch:)))).

Don’t take that literally – I’m not going to wear a pointy hat and black lipstick, it’s just a general, irrational desire I have to wear maxi lengths, dark clothes, heavy jewelry and large head adornments. My sister just finished A Song of Ice and Fire and can’t stop searching for dragon rings, fur collars and capes which I couldn’t be happier about. Crazy goes in the family!

I hope I explained myself. I can’t honestly understand how others can read something and not be inspired to dress or do something else maybe, but you know, mainly be inspired. I guess, I’m just weird that way.

I’m wearing the maxi dress my sister made for me, but it seems I have a skirt on because the upper part is hidden under a cute black shirt that I topped with a statement necklace.

What do you think? Do I give a witchy vibe?
Somebody asked in a comment what was the brand of the yellow nail polish - it’s OPI, The "IT" Color
I'm wearing
 belt/curea: vintage
shirt/camasa: Topshop
dress/rochie: handmade by my sister
rings/ inele: Miss Selfridge
necklace/colier: Forever 21
hat/palarie: New Look
flats/ balerini: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.