Latest News

Blog Spotlight - Niotillfem

As uneventful as my life can be sometimes I have rarely wished to be someone else, but I do wish I could live some people life sometimes (just for a little while though). And, man, I wish I could switch places with Sandra from Niotillfem for a week (I’m not sure she would agree as she’d get the short end of the stick with this one).

I’m reading her blog for years (almost 6 – she started writing in 2005) and Niotillfem is one of the first blogs I’ve ever read and I still consider it to be one of my favorites.


The first 2 or 3 years I was just looking at the photos and imagining what the texts were about, filling in the blanks as I “read” a new post; she wrote (and still does) mainly in Swedish, only now she makes a short English resume of the text and you can also choose to translate the blog with Google translate.


The reason I love this blog is because is not so much about fashion but more about living and love and friends and books and music and food and picnics and trips and Sweden and New York.


I feel like I know this girl (I’m being totally weird but in a non stalkery way I promise – she has too much of myself in her to build her a shrine :)))).
Her blog is in fact a dairy of her life in a more real and authentic way than most, she talks about happiness and joy and bliss but also about heartbreak and sadness and getting through the day.
I’m also pretty sure hear original Swedish texts are amazing, they have to be because I can feel that even with Google translate (it’s pretty hard for something to sound halfway decent and touching even when a program automatically transforms a post from Swedish to English).


So Sandra is 27 and she works as a copywriter, she used to live in Sweden until last year when she decided to move to New York as she felt she wouldn’t survive another Nordic winter. And she actually did move to New York (in October I think) which is amazing, she just did everything in her power to make it happen, looked for a job, found one with her friend Nina (they still work together as a creative team in an advertising agency - copywriter and art director), got the USA visa and now she’s leaving the dream.


The only bad part is that her boyfriend (Ludvig) and her are not together all the time (from what I can gather and can see these two have an epic love story going on and are absolutely adorable together, it’s sickening really:)))). He lives in L.A right now, she lives in New York but they make it work somehow.
The thing is she doesn’t have everything figured out, she has insecurities, she doesn’t think about herself as being perfect but she does fight to be happy and she goes for what she wants which is everything any of us can and should do.


You’ll see a lot of amazing pictures on her blog, an impressive number of friends (her blog is as much about her as about her friends), parties and adventures, trips, nights out and good looking people and food.


When it comes to fashion she has a very clear style, I don’t think I've ever seen her steering away from it, it’s  very specific, a retro and endearing mix of sailor pin up and Lolita elements - always feminine, high waisted and sweet – I love it but I would never be able to commit to just one style.


When you read a blog for such a long time you end up knowing a scary amount of things about a person (especially when you have a memory like me when it comes to non essential stuff) but I feel this is enough, I’ll leave you with the pictures and I promise you’re gonna love her and the blog, the archives are amazing.

All pictures courtesy of Niotillfem

This article is my way of apologizing for the hundreds of times I read her blog and never left a comment of how much I like it!:)

Isn't she fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.