Latest News

Event: Gala Avanpremiere

One of the events I attended lately was the 11th edition of  the Avanpremiere Gala. The show was a chance to see the 2013 spring/summer collections signed by a few Romanian designers: Iris Serban, Simona Semen, Anca & Silvia Negulescu, Natalia Vasiliev, Carmen Cherehes (newcomer), Loredana Novotni (Spain - newcomer) and Stefan Musca (men).

This glamorous business took place in the lovely Bell'Agio Casa which looked like a Christmas paradise! That made me happy – the kid inside felt just like one would if dropped in the middle of Santa’s village.
Returning to the business at hand – let’s just say the pre-show was at least as impressive as the actual runway show. We’re talking overwhelmingly big crowd, clothes as flashy as can be and attitudes as loud as the personalities. Is really fascinating to see people face to face, not only in the pictures from blogs, magazines or on TV. 
This is not my first rodeo but I’m always entertained to observe how different things/people look and sound when you’re in the middle of the action. But I did have a good time and also got to see some of my blogger friends before actually watching the runway show.

I didn’t like everything I saw but I would hate to disrespect all the hard work that I’m sure goes into creating all the pieces that went on the runway and bad mouth anybody. Being a fashion designer in Romania is hard enough!
Instead I would love to show you the looks I did like and would be happy to wear this coming spring/summer or anytime really.
My two favorite designs were these:
The warrior fairy look from Iris Serban:

..and the ultra feminine mint lace number from Natalia Vasiliev:

 In fact these were my top two collections from Gala Avanpremiere. 
Here you have other highlights from the spring/summer collection signed by Iris Serban. The mix of soft details with sharp silhouettes and edgy cutouts in black, white and red hits all the right notes as far as I'm concerned! 


Natalia Vasiliev is really doing it for me with all the gold/metallic drapery and laser cut lace layers - ultra feminine and as chis as can be. Also loved the see through details and fabulous statement necklaces used to complete the designs.

Two looks from Carmen Chereches  I really enjoyed. I appreciated the very creative use of fabrics and textures.

 Loredana Novotni -  structured fiery red!

A&S Negulescu

Stefan Musca
Simona Semen - minimalism in a soft approach!
 Runnway photos: Mircea Netea
Do you like any of the looks above? Do you have an absolute favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.