Latest News

Dress me up

You probably know that if given the choice of only wearing one piece of clothing for the rest of my life I would go for a beautiful dress without thinking twice. 

So when one of my readers, Melissa, sent me this email full of lovely compliments (thank you so very much) while also asking about my dresses I thought I should answer here.


I never counted them, but let’s just say we’re talking triple digits here. I'm a bit of a collector or so I tell  myself! More than half of all my dresses are vintage. I’m always on the hunt for a great retro piece and nobody is really safe when it comes to that.

I did “clean” all of my older relatives wardrobes already and because I’m open to hand me downs, my friends often give me pretty dresses they know I will make work, but that they wouldn’t be caught dead in. That’s not to say I will wear anything, but rather that I like things that other people don’t really understand or even see themselves wear.


I’m also constantly keeping an eye open for a special dress every time I window shop or check out online stores. In fact, I always look at dresses first and then jewelry and shoes – it’s like a personal ritual. I love them all: maxi, short, party dresses and day dresses, silk or cotton, colorful and printed. I always think about them as feeling like home, comfort and confidence.

It’s hard for me to make a top of my favorite dresses and even if I’d try it wouldn’t be very objective – many of them are important to me because they mean something emotionally, they are linked to happy times, beautiful memories, people and feelings I had wearing them. All of the dresses in the photos were and still are some of my favorite dresses, there are many more that I’m sure are going to make an appearance on this blog at some point, but I chose these because I already had pictures.


Once again, guys, thank you so much for all the lovely things you write to me, I could never express how much they really mean to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.