Latest News

Modern pin up – Hello, Sailor!


I had to show you these photos because they are the perfect example of a modern take on classic pin up art done right! The photoshoot is called “Hello, Sailor!” for obvious reasons and showcases the Widfox 2013 summer collection.

Designer and photographer Kimberly Gordon clearly had in mind the iconic image of the 50s pin up girl when she created these wonderful images: “I’ve always been a big fan of pin-up art, it’s so extremely American and the history behind the pin-up girl is so interesting. I grew up collecting cheesecake books, I starred as Sandy in the school production of Grease, I listened to Elvis constantly and memorized every oldie I could get my hands on.”

The model they used is probably the best part: Valerie Van Der Graaf looks like an extremely attractive mix of the ultimate pin-up girl and a teasing Lolita with a bubbly personality that shows through in the photos. I’m also really digging the styling; it’s so sexy with a hint of daunting naivete that screams - “she’s not innocent”! All the accessories are wonderful, but then again, I have never seen any garters, suspenders, stockings, over the knee socks or exotic flower garlands I didn't like!
 

I hope you will enjoy these as much as I did! What do you think? 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo Mbooyz Designed by Mbooyz Template Copyright © 2015

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.